Friday 25 January 2008

The Advantages of Blogging

Writing this blog encourages me to bake much more interesting things than I would usually do. I get stuck making the same few things, but as that would get pretty boring on here I have to find new things (or resurrect old things) in order to be able to continue posting.

It also makes me think about my baking, the other day I posted on Shoo-Fly Pie and, though I have been interested in its origins for some time, I have never looked into it in any depth. My research yesterday, prompted by my post, told me that it is a popular dish amongst the Dutch immigrants in Pennsylvania, USA. There they use molasses (treacle to us Brits), which I think would be a little gooey and strong for my taste. If, however, you would like to try this method then a recipe should be able to be found here.

So, though you may think that this site is purely for the thousands of bakers out there who are looking for inspiration, it is really all for my personal benefit and development as a baker (none of them have managed to find it yet anyway!).

Stay free.

No comments: